Saturday, June 23, 2007

(death) (can i have it?) part III

i have a problem. many of you will agree but that's not my point. whenever i am in an experience party and i get a coffer/chest key, i have the urge to keep the key and find the corresponding chest/coffer. in my 50s static i was able to get a quicksands coffer key and it was perfect since i didnt have the map to that area. so in my attempt to find the coffer i run across the ??? which gives the antican tag (this pops an NM which drops the tungi, gil, and various ores). against my better judgment, i get it and hope to make some free gil from the drops. i figure i would try and solo it since i dont want to bother anyone else to come with me.

i do my research and the NM sounds tough but ive read posts where various 75 jobs which sub ninja have no problem with it. i am wary since warriors have terrible evasion but i go and try anyways. i clear out the antican princeps in the area with help from my npc. the mob is ep and it takes longer than i thought to kill it. im having second thoughts now and i check the LS. kaname is on but he is in an xp party. malu is on but he might be afk. one of alci's mules are on but then again his mule is always on. as i am about to bail out on this mission, i check the LS again and i see alci is online. so i ask if he's busy and tell him that i might need a raise. -.-

i wait for the antican princeps to spawn again since i dont want him linking with the NM. i take him down fairly easy so im feeling pretty confident now. i trade the antican tag to the ??? and the antican shows up. he's much bigger than i thought. immediately he rips away my first set of shadows. i recast and instantly theyre gone again. wth? i read posts which say his accuracy sucks! so im getting pounded on while trying to cast utsu:ichi. of course i fail many times and then im down to 600 hps. the utsu:ni timer expires and im able to cast that successfully. poof! shadows go down quick and im thinking i should probably warp out. but then i see the NM readying shoulder slam and...



i immediately ask alci for a raise. -.-

he's busy but is kind enough to come and raise the fool who doesnt know what he's doing. thank you alcindor. :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 points for being ambitious. It is slightly possible solo, but it's kinda hard. And yes he's a giant of an antican. Drops a nice ra/ex Tungi though. 3 75s can take him down really easy, even more so if one is a BST with a HQ crab pet. I have an antican tag (I think) so if you want to try to get it, we can go when we're on at the same time.

Alcindor said...

Hey.. NP... and thanks for helping me to get a part of my war AF. Now, only the body is left... yah, let me know when you want to do that NM again... maybe i can help with some cures... and maybe we should carry more than one copy of the pop item... just in case. I never knew you only had one... if I had known about that, I would have helped instead of just saying maybe next time... sorry. please forgive my noobness.

Guankim said...

I don't have a tag, but I'll go with ya as well ^^ Heck, this is 4 signed up on your blog now. Yay for my 2 days off in a row coming up too, do I smell an ant... mmm, sweet scent of death.

What is that sweet scent anyway? C'mon, someone reading this is a biologist to describe this... xD

Anonymous said...

I have an antican tag too if you need it.

Usually if I try to solo something that's not too weak, I call out my NPC fellow to heal me.

Anonymous said...

I'd come help, but I don't like you.

Anonymous said...

I dragged sumi, malu, and trynne down a lot of times to get my tungi.

I don't think I would want to try solo him on WAR. Though to be fair I almost died to a lesser colibri as WAR/SAM.